R.C. ByrdPERMITTING DASHBOARD PROJECT POSTING DATE: SEPTEMBER 22, 2016
All dates below are specific to the schedule of the Environmental Review and Permitting processes for this project.
ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW AND PERMITTING STATUS
ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE OF ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW AND PERMITTING
Other Agencies with Actions or Authorizations:
Department of the Interior, Fish and Wildlife Service
R.C. Byrd (Project No. 12796) is a proposal to construct an original 50 MW conventional hydropower project adjacent to the right abutment of the existing U.S. Army Corps of Engineers' (Corps) Robert C. Byrd Locks and Dam on the Ohio River. The transmission line would cross the Ohio River from the proposed power plant and traverse private land and the Corps' land within West Virginia.
Project Application and Supporting Documents
- R.C. Byrd Hydroelectric Project, Project Application, FERC Docket No. P-12796 (filed 03/28/2011). Document located at: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/IDMWS/common/opennat.asp?fileID=12599514.
- Additional Project-related filings and issuances can be found on FERC’s eLibrary website by searching under Docket No. P-12796.
Federal Agency Actions
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Notice of Application Ready for Environmental Analysis and Soliciting Comments, Recommendations, Terms and Conditions, and Prescriptions (issued 10/15/2012). Document located at: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/IDMWS/common/opennat.asp?fileID=13089613.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Draft Environmental Assessment for Hydropower License (issued 07/08/2014). Document located at: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/IDMWS/common/opennat.asp?fileID=13588034.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Final Environmental Assessment for Hydropower License (issued 01/23/2015). Document located at: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/IDMWS/common/opennat.asp?fileID=13748875.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Order Issuing Original License (issued 08/30/2017). Document located at: https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/OpenNat.asp?fileID=14670282.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Order Approving Surrender of License (issued 12/3/2019). Document located at: https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/opennat.asp?fileID=15416890.
- None filed.
Last updated December 5, 2019
To view timetable chart, please turn device sideways (landscape)
The permitting timetable below displays data as reported by agencies. Dates for Environmental Review and Permitting processes (Actions) that are in 'Paused' or 'Planned' status are subject to change and are not indicative of a project's final schedule.
- For information about extensions, select an Action from the timetable below and select 'View Action Details' at the bottom of the page.
For additional information, please select an Action from the Permitting Timetable above.
- Responsible Agency:
- Action Status:
- Action Identifier:
- Action Outcome:
|Milestone||Original Target Date||Current Target Date||Milestone Complete|