To become a covered project under FAST-41, infrastructure projects must meet certain criteria. See this “Quick Guide: Does My Project Qualify as a FAST-41 Covered Project?”
FAST-41 Initiation Notice Instructions
To become a covered project under FAST-41, project sponsors need to submit a FAST-41 Initiation Notice (FIN) with information described in the FAST Act. An online FIN submission tool is under development in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act. In the interim, interested project sponsors for new potential covered projects should submit the following information:
- Project Information: Title, Sector, Type, Location;
- Project Sponsor Name and Contact Information;
- Statement of the purposes and objectives of the project;
- Concise description including general location and/or a summary of geospatial information, if available, and the locations, if any, of environmental, cultural, and historic resources;
- Statement regarding the technical and financial ability of the project sponsor to construct the proposed project;
- Statement of any Federal Financing, environmental reviews, and authorizations anticipated to be required; and
- Assessment that the project meets the definition of a covered project as defined in 42 U.S.C. §4370m(6)(A) of the FAST Act and a statement of reasons supporting the assessment.
The FIN should be emailed to both the FPISC Executive Director and the appropriate facilitating agency. The email address for the Executive Director and facilitating agencies can be found below.
FPISC Executive Director Email: FAST.FortyOne@fpisc.gov
FAST-41 Initiation Notice Email Address
Andrea Murdock-McDaniel, CERPO
Finch Fulton, CERPO
Ron Tickle, CERPO
Robert Tomiak, Acting CERPO
Heather Campbell, CERPO
Danielle L. Schopp, CERPO
Reid J. Nelson, CERPO
To determine the appropriate facilitating agency for a FIN, please see the attached table that establishes the various project types within each sector and assigns a facilitating agency to each type.